- This event has passed.
LEARN Program Info Night
June 11 @ 6:30 pm - 9:00 pmFree
You’re invited to the Licensing Experience & Academic Review Network (LEARN) Program Info Night!
The purpose of this event is two-fold:
- Gain an understanding of the licensing process, and specific help to anyone at any stage of going through it, and
- Provide information to any already-licensed P.Eng. to learn about the rules of how ARC & ERC work so they can mentor applicants on how to submit their files
For those working on obtaining your P.Eng licence, you can be at any stage of the process to benefit from this event. Topics covered at this event include:
- Initial submission/ Academic Requirement Assessment
- Preparing for PPE
- How to Describe your experience after the 4 years
- Prepare for ERC interview
Location: Holiday Inn Burlington Hotel & Conference Centre – Pearson Room
6:30pm: Informal networking
6:40pm: Brief introduction by Matt
6:45pm: Presentation by Barna introducing model of mentoring
7:25pm: Form into smaller groups focusing on where you are in licensing or where you’re interested in supporting with mentoring
8:45pm: Final wrap-up session & open question period.
Please register in advance, because space is limited!
Light refreshments will be provided. Parking is free on-site.
- June 11
6:30 pm - 9:00 pm
Through the Professional Engineers Act, Professional Engineers Ontario governs licence and certificate holders and regulates professional engineering in Ontario to serve and protect the public.
It fulfills the same role for engineers as the College of Physicians and Surgeons for doctors or the Law Society of Upper Canada for lawyers.