Part of the AGM will involve electing officers to the chapter board for 2020/21. The officer positions are Chair, Vice Chair, Treasurer, and Secretary. The Chair must have served at least one year on the Board or other committee of Council during the previous five years to qualify to be the Chair. The Secretary may be an EIT chapter member or a regular chapter member, but the other officers must be regular chapter members. Here is a brief description of each position:
The Chair shall:
- normally preside at all meetings of the Chapter and the Board.
- with the advice of the Board, exercise general supervision over the affairs of the Chapter.
- assume the role of the Chapter Government Liaison (GLP) contact, unless otherwise designated to another Board Member by the Chair.
- be an ex-officio member of all committees and shall perform such other duties as are ordinarily incumbent upon a Chair.
The Vice Chair shall:
- work in close co-operation with the Chair and perform the duties of the Chair when that officer is absent.
- also, with assistance from Board members, plan, organize, direct, coordinate and ensure the implementation of all activities as may be directed by the Chair, such as the Annual General Meeting and the Chapter’s Official Activities.
- act as privacy officer, unless otherwise designated by the Chair.
- assume the responsibilities of Chapter Chair, in the event that the Chapter Chair is no longer available.
The Treasurer shall:
- be responsible for the collection of all monies owing to the Chapter and for the payment of all monies owed by the Chapter.
- ensure that all monies belonging to the Chapter are deposited in an acceptable financial institution approved by the Board.
- keep a record of all receipts and expenditures and shall report the financial position of the Chapter when requested by the Board, or by any member at a meeting.
- present a financial statement and all records to the appointed Auditors upon their request.
For this purpose the Chapter’s fiscal year shall be from the 1st day of January in each year to the last day of December.
The Secretary shall:
- keep and have charge of the records and conduct the general correspondence of the Chapter.
- perform such other duties as may be directed by the Chair, such as the Chapter’s Communications, and shall perform all duties pertaining to the office.
The nominating committee is currently accepting nominations for the slate of candidates for these officer positions. All valid nominations must bear the signatures of two nominators who are eligible to vote at the Chapter AGM (i.e., regular chapter members) and the nominee must accept the nomination. Electronic signatures and acceptances are permitted. Nominations to the nominating committee close on Sunday, February 23rd at 23:59 (one day before the AGM), but the Nominating Committee will also accept nominations from the floor at the AGM. Each floor nomination must be moved and seconded by two nominators who are eligible to vote at the chapter AGM and the nominee must accept the nomination.
Please download the nomination form and return (either a picture of a written nomination with signatures and/or electronic signatures) to a nominating committee mailbox: email@example.com
Julie Wedzinga, Hasan Ahmad & Darcy Snyder